Festival Overview 2014
Sunday, April 27th
|Garden Activities 1-6pm||Evening Concert 6:00-8:00pm|
|Afternoon Concert 3 - 4:30pm|
Garden Activities and Folk Dance Mania 1-6pm
Garden Fun Activities and Folkdancing - Free Admission:
- Traditional costume exhibit, storytelling, and the ever popular Silk Road Bazaar offering traditional clothing, handicrafts, art, and an International Food Court including Halal favorites in the beautiful gardens, plaza, and theater lobby.
- Afternoon folk dancing with live Balkan and near east dance music by Edessa and guests, special Azerbaijani dance presentation with Chichaklar, and dance workshop with the Folkdance Federation of California.
- Armenian concert and dance workshop with vocalist/dancer Hasmik Harutyunyan and Elliyahu Sills.
- Enjoy a picnic with friends and family under the palm trees surrounded by roses! Bring your own family picnic, or enjoy a reasonably priced delicious Silk Road inspired meal at the International Food Court courtesy of Golnazar Gourmet Catering, Layla's Bistro, Cafe Gyros, Chutney Mary's and other specialty food vendors. Halal and vegetarian menu choices available. The International Food Court is open until 6pm. After 6pm tea and dessert is still available in the theater lobby.
- Participate upstairs in the theater lobby in a special daf drumming workshop with Persian percussion master Pezhham Akhavass (fee based) 1:30-2:30pm, as well as a free Azerbaijani Mugham music lecture and presentation with Jeffrey Werbock from 4:00-5:30pm.
Evening Concert Highlights
|Ballet Afsaneh - World Premiere
"Goddess Anahita/Climate Change"
|Salar System featuring S.A.R.A
Sounds and Rhythms of Afghanistan
Nejad World Music
|Chinese Performing Arts of America||Mehdi Bagheri